So as I've mentioned before, I'm a huge fan of NYX Cosmetics. They carry soooo many eye shadows, lipsticks, blushes, liners, glosses, etc. that are great dupes for MAC and higher end cosmetics. Sometimes NYX is even better than those higher end brands and at a fraction of the cost!! I don't know about you, but for this budgeting mama of two, that's like hitting the lottery!! Lol
Some of you may have heard of NYX but have not seen it carried in stores. Yes, this is a brand that plays hard to get. Sometimes I happen to find it in a random beauty supply store, many times I find it in Ulta stores (none of which are in convenient locations for me), and if I really want something specific, I get it online at cherryculture.com
Below I have put together a cute little list of places where my Chicago ladies can find NYX Cosmetics in the city and surrounding areas. I'll update as I come across new places to find this gem of a brand. Enjoy!
Mid-K Beauty Supply
1819 River Oaks Dr,
Calumet City, IL 60409
◦ After searching high and low for NYX at every beauty supply I frequent, I moseyed into this store, LOCATED RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER from my office, on a whim and found several round lipsticks, original formula lipsticks, shadow trios, lip glosses, liners, and jumbo eye shadow pencils
Touch of Beauty
4183 167th Street,
Country Club Hls, IL 60478
(708) 798-7777 ()
◦ I found the most discounted NYX products here, although they didn’t have a great supply. A nice selection of liner pencils for .99, a few eye shadow singles scattered about, and gloss by the counter
8822 South Ashland Avenue, Chicago
7722 South Cottage Grove Avenue, Chicago
1300 W. Madison St, Maywood
◦ This place has definitely become my favorite beauty supply. It’s not your average over-crowded, dimly lit, with some unfriendly clerk eyeballing you to make sure you don’t steal, speaking a language that you can’t understand beauty supply store. Everything is very organized, very spacious, and well-lit. The selection is awesome and customer service actually exists here (especially the cottage grove location). I found lip glosses, concealers for .99, and liners. The Ashland store also carries an extensive selection of the ever popular Round Lipstick (some discounted to .99) and Jumbo Eye Shadow pencils
316 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60601-3773 (312) 920-0299 ()
◦ Now this place is a gals magical playland. They carry a ridiculous amount of awesome jewelry, shades, purses, scarves, hats, etc. They recently included the most complete selection of NYX Cosmetics that I have seen thus far (blushes (cream and mosaic only - doing a post on the beautiful mosaic blush I found here), full line of lippies including Diamond Pearl. The only downside is that they are not at a discount whatsoever. However, they will save you from shipping cost and waiting when purchasing online.
My favorite are the State St and Orland Park locations
◦ They carry lipsticks, liners (including the felt tip marker and glitter liner), mascara, shadows (singles and palettes) , glosses, eye shadow base, etc. Most locations carry a pretty good selection and Ulta offers frequent sales and coupons. However, they tend to be out of stock of certain things a lot.
(630) 585-5821Located @ Chicago Premium Outlets1650 Premium Outlets Boulevard
Aurora, IL 60502
◦ I ran into this place while visiting the premium outlets. They had an ok selection but I remember them not having what I was looking for.
◦ If you happen to visit the premium outlets make sure you also check out the cosmetic outlets below. They offer high end cosmetics and fragrances at an average of 30% off (many times, more than that) A makeup junkies dream!
o The Cosmetics Company Store (630) 236-8639
o Lancome - The Company Outlet (630) 851-2920
( I found one of my fave products, a stunning true gray matte shadow, here called Ciel du Soir for about $7, which is a great price for Lancome which is originally $17)